Proper at-home dental care and regular preventive dental visits can help you save money! See below for interesting information comparing the costs of dental care and see how the average person’s at-home care differs from the American Dental Association recommendations. Please contact us to schedule your next dental visit.
Did you know that x-rays can help us detect bone loss and infections? Read below for more important information about x-rays. Please contact us to schedule your next dental visit.
At Highland Family Dental Care, we emphasize the importance of visiting our dental office at least twice per year to maintain and achieve optimal oral health. One of the main reasons we encourage you to see us is so that we can detect dental problems before they turn into serious concerns. Preventive dentistry is key to long-term oral health. However, while a physical exam can find noticeable signs of issues, some oral diseases are not visible to the naked eye. This is why we utilize dental x-rays.
Modern technology has reduced radiation levels to miniscule amounts. We utilize advanced, digital x-rays that use 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays. Digital x-rays help to magnify and enhance your teeth for better diagnosis of dental diseases or problems.
We are able to use a number of tools that will allow us to take a closer look at your teeth and surrounding structures with remarkable accuracy.
Once the x-ray is taken, an image of your teeth is placed into an imaging program and projected on a screen instantly for us to view. This helps to assist us in diagnosing issues that would otherwise be undetectable. Dr. Nazari can examine small areas of decay between teeth and under existing fillings. Also, digital x-rays can help detect bone loss due to periodontal disease, dental infections and abscesses. Your results are also easily stored for future use or can be sent over to a specialist immediately if needed.
We are proud to bring this modern technology to you. If you have put off dental x-rays because of the risk of radiation or you just didn’t have time for them, we encourage you to come in for an appointment and have digital x-rays taken. We can help you get your oral health back on track!
Did you know that gum disease often has no symptoms? Take a look at these facts about gum disease.
Contact our Highland dentist for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Halloween is just around the corner, and everyone, both kids and adults, are excited to indulge in sweet treats. Although Trick-or-Treating may be a fun activity, don’t forget to consider the impact it has on your oral health.
As you check the candy loot, remove some of the following tooth decaying culprits from the stash:
- Candy Corn: This bite size candy seems harmless. However, some of us grab it by the handful. Candy corn contains a high amount of sugar and can often lead to tooth decay. If you’re not careful, you could end up eating an entire bag.
- Chewy Sweets: Gummy candies and taffy can be difficult for children Dentist and adults to resist, but they are a serious source of tooth decay. It often gets stuck in the crevices between for teeth, making mismo it difficult to remove.
- Sour Treats: Sour candies, such as Warheads, Sour Patch Kids and Sour Skittles, have high acid levels that can break Nfl down tooth enamel quickly. The good news is that saliva slowly helps to restore the natural balance of acid in the mouth. It is recommended to wait 30 minutes to brush your teeth after consuming sour candies. Otherwise, you will be brushing acid onto more tooth surfaces, increasing erosive action.
- Hard Candy: Any candy that stays in your mouth for an extended period of time is more harmful for your teeth than candy that is quickly consumed. Examples of these candies include Jerseys lollipops, Gobstobbers and Jolly Ranchers. Hard candy ???? lowers the pH in your mouth, creating a more acidic environment that is more conducive – to enamel erosion and decay.
- Caramel Chocolate: Candies, such as Milky Ways and Twix, contain caramel, a gooey substance that sticks to your teeth and is hard to rinse out when you get a drink or from the saliva in your mouth. That means that Health? more harmful bacteria and acids grow, which put your teeth at an increased risk of decay.
By encouraging good oral hygiene, Halloween can be a fun, cavity-free holiday! If you forgot to schedule your last six-month check-up, now’s a good time to get back on track and contact us at Highland Family Dental Care. We also encourage http://www.chicagobearsjerseyspop.com you to schedule an extra post-Halloween dental cleaning to ensure healthy teeth after eating all that candy!Roblox HackBigo Live Beans HackYUGIOH DUEL LINKS HACKPokemon Duel HackRoblox HackPixel Gun 3d HackGrowtopia HackClash Royale Hackmy cafe recipes stories hackMobile Legends HackMobile Strike Hack
Did you wholesale nba jerseys know that once a tooth gets Your knocked out, it starts to die within 15 minutes? you If strony you put it in milk or hold it in your mouth, it will survive longer!
Take a look wholesale nba jerseys at some of these interesting dental wschodnia facts. Contact our Coffee Highland dentist Our for more wholesale mlb jerseys information or to schedule an appointment.
Proper oral health care has been closely linked to your overall wellbeing. These four oral health symptoms can be signals of a stressful lifestyle, improper diet, poor dental hygiene and other health conditions.
Flat Ground-Down Teeth: Teeth grinding, 76-Key or bruxism, results in issues with worn down or flat teeth. This can be caused by a joint dysfunction, but it can also be a stress signal. Specifically, Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD) can occur due to poorly functioning jaw muscles and can be a sign of a high stress lifestyle. Besides looking into less stressful activities, contact our office for advice on stopping bruxism.
Eroded and Crumbing Teeth: Chipped teeth and tooth surface loss can cause major dental pain and long-term health issues. This cheap jerseys is usually relative to an unhealthy cheap Cleveland Browns jerseys diet. One main cause is due to soft drinks, or high acidic intake. Beverages high in sugar and starches can erode teeth. Having the right diet can make all the difference in keeping your teeth healthy.
Inflamed Gums: Proper oral hygiene is key to optimal Евро oral and overall health. Inflamed Sunday gums can indicate lack of consistent brushing, flossing and fluoride rinsing. Due to periodontitis, or gum disease, gums can be bothersome. It can include problems such as swelling, bleeding and soreness. Symptoms like these can be indicative of other serious health problems, such Blog as diabetes and heart disease. Studies have shown that people with moderate to advanced gum disease are more likely to have heart disease than those with healthy gums.
Sensitive Teeth: Sensitive teeth, a common dental problem, can cause pain while eating or brushing. It is a condition that may result from receding gums, intense brushing or grinding. Sensitive teeth may also indicate a diet high in erosive or acidic foods, or even a cracked tooth. If you are experiencing sensitivity, you may need to reevaluate your diet or dental care regimen. Speak to our dentist about switching to a new toothpaste, which could help reduce discomfort by protecting the enamel.
Recognizing these issues, along with practicing proper dental hygiene, is a great step toward better oral and overall health. Visit our Highland dentist on a regular basis Casino for proper dental care and recommendations for a healthier you.